I am committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how I collect and use personal information, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It applies to Clients, Associations, Suppliers, Third Parties and Website Users.
I am a “data controller”. This means that I am responsible for deciding how I hold and use personal information about you. I am required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice. I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) under reference number ZA462762.
This notice does not form part of any contract to provide services. I may update this notice at any time.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice I may provide on specific occasions when I am collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why I am using such information
Data protection principles
I will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information I hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that I have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes I have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes I have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
The kind of information I hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are “special categories” of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
I may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
1. Personal details such as name, date of birth, title, national insurance number
2. Contact details such as addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses
3. ID such as a driver’s licence or passport information
4. Employment details such as occupation, employer, department
5. Cookies and IP addresses if you visit my website
I may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information:
1. Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions
2. Trade union membership
3. Information about your health
4. Genetic information and biometric data
These lists are not exhaustive and I may collect other information in the course of providing my services.
How is your personal information collected?
I may collect information from you in person, via email, using contact forms on my website or via other digital platforms such as social media.
I may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including other parties involved in the work I am carrying out; credit reference agencies or other background check agencies.
How I will use information about you
I will only use your personal information when the law allows me to. I will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Where I need to perform the contract I have entered into with you/ my client.
2. Where I need to comply with a legal obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for my legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
4. Where it is needed in the public interest (or for official purposes).
The majority of situations in which I will process your personal information are listed below:
1. In order for me to carry out work as instructed by you/my client
2. Allowing clients to pay their bill
3. To conduct the necessary checks required; ID, anti-money laundering, due diligence
4. To comply with court orders
5. Debt management
6. To respond to and record complaints and client feedback
7. To set up the necessary documentation and provisions with suppliers and other organisations I work with
8. To make reference to the applicable regulatory bodies.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, I may not be able to fulfil provide the services required.
I will only use your personal information for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If I need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
Please note that I may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How I use particularly sensitive personal information
"Special categories" of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. I need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. I may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
1. In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent.
2. Where necessary to protect the vital interests of a person who is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
3. Where processing relates to information which has been made public.
4. Where processing is necessary for the establishment exercise or defence or legal claims.
I will use your sensitive personal information as is necessary in any legal claims whether I am acting for you or you feature on the matter as an associated party
I do not need your consent if I use special categories of your personal information in accordance with this written policy. In limited circumstances, I may approach you for your written consent to allow me to process certain particularly sensitive data. If I do so, I will provide you with full details of the information that I would like and the reason I need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You should be aware that it is not a condition of any contract there may be between us and you agree to any request for consent from me.
Information about criminal convictions
I will only collect information about criminal convictions if it is appropriate given the nature of the instructions and where I am legally able to do so.
I may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers.
I require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
It may be necessary for me to transfer information outside of the EEA in order to fulfil my services.
If I do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where I am legally required to do so.
I will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
It is important that the personal information I hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your personal information changes.
Your rights in connection with personal information. Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you and to check that I am lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal information that I hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information I hold about you corrected.
3. Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask me to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for me continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask me to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
4. Object to processing of your personal information where I am relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where I am processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
5. Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask me to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want me to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
6. Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
7. If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that I transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact me in writing. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What I may need from you
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact me. Once I have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, I will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless I have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Changes to this privacy notice
I reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and I will provide you with a new privacy notice when I make any substantial updates. I may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact me on 01244 470339 or at email@example.com.